Saturday

08.21.10: Run Of The Mill...Never

So do you ever wake up and think...yep...it's going to be a run of the mill Saturday. I guess at this point in my life I should stop expecting that. I mean really...my life is anything by ordinary, run of the mill or mundane. That's not to say I don't get bored - but see that has more to do with me than the fact that my life...well...rocks.

It's my birthday next week. My 39th to be exact. Birthday's are a bit hard for me to celebrate because soon after my 18th birthday my mom passed away.  After my 35th my dad passed away. The week leading up to it I usually get a bit moody, don't answer my phone and hole up in my house. Then miraculously the day after my birthday I awake refreshed and ready to tackle the world. There's a whole month of therapy sessions in what I just said, but for now that's how it is.

Well...I opened my mailbox to find a small box waiting patiently for me. Let me back up - did I mention I hate checkin the mail too? That's really more of year round thing...not just a birthday thing.

So again, I opened my mailbox to find a small box waiting patiently for me. I am always so touched to hear from my best friends, and usually an Aunt or two will send me a card to commemorate the day. It really does mean a lot to me. The box only had a company name on it, not a senders name. I opened it up to find this...


Oooo - what cute packaging!! I turn the envelope over and take the card out...it's a birthday present from...well, you know who you are....

I untie the ribbon and open the package to find this...it's a small pamphlet and a piece of gold tissue paper with something in it. Literary Gems it says...I'm intrigued!


Then my heart skipped - take a look at this beautiful necklace!!



The inscription on one side reads: "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us". On the other side is the author of that quote, Ralph Waldo Emerson. 


That inscription means the world to me not only because of who gave it to me, but because how true it is!! 

I'll be hard pressed to say there is ANY such thing as a run of the mill Saturday again *SMILE* Thank you so much "Gift Giver"...it is now my signature piece!!

No comments:

Post a Comment