Monday

12.07.09: Put These In Your "Recipe Box"!!


The "Festivus For The Rest Of Us" (since we can't call it CHRISTmas but we can put a CHRISTmas tree up, have a "Holiday Luncheon" and sing CHRISTmas carols...go figure corporate America. Really? I mean...really?) Well - that's not what this post is about. This one is all about FOOD. Our little celebration includes a “The 25 days of Snacks” and, it rocks. In our office, we  sign up to bring a simple snack to share with everyone. It can be anything that floats your boat…and I gotta tell you we have some buoyancy in this office!!!!  We have this awesome collection of men and women who can cook, blend, broil, bake, replicate, create, salivate and make ya wanna pro-create...like no others. (Ok, the pro-create part might be a bit of an exaggeration.)


I wanted to share two very quick dips that I like to use to usher in the season. I usher these in much like I do Peppermint Mocha’s from Starbucks. I KNOW I can order that any time of the year, but I ONLY order it starting after Thanksgiving. Same goes for these dips – I KNOW the ingredients are readily available all year, but I ONLY make them for the holidays. My little traditions. They are not healthy or low calorie in any form or fashion, so ENJOY!! Oh - and let me apologize for the "food photos" right now. It's all new to me and there is no natural light in my kitchen, so I'm learning as I go. It's the taste that's important anyway, right? Right. 


Cream Cheese Kicker
16 oz. cream cheese
1 jar Harry & David's Pepper and Onion Relish


Beat together with a mixer and let it sit overnight. You can eat it right then and there, but it tastes even better and has a better consistency the next day.



Serve with pretzels or veggies. It reminds me of spinach dip with Hawaiian bread - once you start you can't stop.



Fruit Dip
16 oz. cream cheese
Beat together with a mixer and let it sit overnight. You can eat it right then and there, but it tastes even better and has a better consistency the next day.


Serve with literally any kind of fruit. Apples and strawberries are my favorites, but strawberries....strawberries compliment it the best. This is the stuff dreams are made of - it's THAT good. 





Buffalo Wing Dip
This is the joy of buffalo wings without all the mess


2 cans white meat chicken
8 oz cream cheese
1 c Texas Pete's hot sauce
1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 c blue cheese dressing
1 bunch of celery cut up into "snack size"


Heat everything but the celery in a medium sized sauce pan. Serve immediately or keep warm in a small crockpot. Don't try this dip with anything other than celery sticks. I promise, it tastes EXACTLY like buffalo wings but without all the mess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment